The 10th FAI World Cup of Canopy Piloting takes place in Pretoria, South Africa from the 20th to the 24th November 2019.
Canopy piloting is a high-speed discipline held over a small stretch of water and involves high-performance canopies.
There are three classic disciplines involved in canopy piloting including accuracy, speed and distance.
In the accuracy component, competitors must navigate the water section before landing as close to a land target as possible. The speed discipline involves the athlete flying the course in the shortest possible time while the distance discipline involves the athlete starting at the entry gate and flying as far as possible before touching the ground.
9 athletes are representing Team GB including British National Champion, Martin Reynolds.
Team GB are:
- Martin Reynolds – Canopy Piloting and Freestyle
- Alan Westley – Canopy Piloting and Freestyle
- Lee Crudgington – Canopy Piloting and Freestyle
- Sean Sutcliffe – Canopy Piloting Only
- Richard Hughes – Canopy Piloting Only
- Chris Good – Canopy Piloting Only
- Joe Mann – Canopy Piloting Only
- Logan Donovan – Canopy Piloting and Freestyle
- Daniel Kelly – Canopy Piloting only
Results can be found on the official FAI website: 10th World Cup of Canopy Piloting Scores
Photo by Emma Reynolds